Throat pain, swollen tonsil, on steroids and medication not curing. Suggestion?

Long story short, but i was sick for 3 or 4 months. the doctors thought it was Strep at first, then they thought it was mono. I went to 3 different doctors and was in the hospital getting blood work done and no one could give me a straight answer. Worst pain in my throat and i literally could not talk because of how much my tonsils had swollen up, and i naturally have very big tonsils as it is so it is a very big problem. i was told by my ENT to get my tonsils and adenoids removed but for personal reasons i am not getting the surgery done. But BOTH my tonsils are still very swollen and its been months now. I was on a lot of medications and a steroid for a coupe months! Any advise as to how to get the swelling down without the surgery??? Thank you!
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013