Throat discomfort when eating, urge to cough. Help

I ate a couple of pieces of cadbury chocolate and this has happened twice with the same chocolate, a constant feeling of razor blades in my throat and a feeling to cough , but I do eat a huge amount daily and I never have a problem , but its quite scary, because it is not going away and I am drinking fluids, its feels the same as when I use bleach to clean, an overwhelming feeing when you breath it in, but then it goes if I get air, this is not going away though,
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding discomfort in throat and cough, this usually happens after eating cadbury chocolate.

Since your problem arises after eating cadbury chocolate it appears as you are allergic to this chocolate. I would like to suggest you to avoid this chocolate in future and at present you may take-

(a) Antiallergic.

(b) Warm saline gargling.

(c) Cough sedative lozenges.

I hope this will help you.