Thin layer of skin peeling on upper inner thighs, skin getting rubbed, gained weight. Solution?

Hi, about 3-5 days ago I noticed that my upper, inner theighs (right where the skin turns into the groin area) has been peeling in very thin and easy to pull-off layers. I am a healthy young female and have not had sex in about a year. I have only ever had one sexual partner and got myself tested for STD s afterward with all results coming back negative. The only possible explanation I can think of is that my skin is rubbing together there and causing this peeling to occur. I have gained weight and the skin does overlap in that area. There is no puss or odor coming from the area, just thin layers of skin that peel away. Is this anything I should be concerned about? Or should I just try to lose weight?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013