Thick flap of skin where the wisdom teeth is removed. Will it cause dry socket ?

Just yesterday morning I got my four wisdom teeth removed. When I went to bed that night I woke up and felt around my mouth with my tongue . I noticed where one of my wisdom tooth was pulled that there was a thick flap of skin that I could could open up and such with my tongue. I did get stitched up, but I thought the stitches would have prevented this. Shall I call my doctor who did the procedure? Will I get dry socket from this? I taste a slight amount of blood , but that is usually normal since I just got them out yesterday. What shall I do?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012