There is hole in the gum even after a good oral hygiene. What should be done?

I have had a sore, sometimes swollen spot on my upper gum for the past few weeks, but I thought that it would resolve itself if I kept up my good oral hygiene . Tonight when I brushed I noticed blood , and when I looked at the spot there was a small hole in my gum where it meets my tooth . I use pro health plaque control toothpaste (and oral b spinbrush) twice a day and floss at least once a day. Why is there a hole in my gum and what should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012