Terribly breathless in the middle of having sex, 28 yr old, non-smoker. Reasons ?

I am a 28 year old non-smoker male (Height - 5 feet 6 inches, weight - 70 kgs). I try and do a moderate amount of exercise. Just a few days back, I felt terribly breathless in the middle of having sex. I had to lie down and its only after 30 mins that I was able to catch my breath again. I has never happened to me before and has left me worried. Kindly advice.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your description of the problem and am pretty sure that there is no problem. Undergoing sexual intercourse after physical work or mental fatigue should create some minute breathless feeling during intercourse. Just go back to that day and try to remember what you did on that day of intercourse. You must have been tired during intercourse.

Slight breathlessness during sexual intercourse and associated tiredness must have caused anxiety and the anxiety created further panic situation. I think this was the cause.

Any way to confirm you should consult a doctor and get your vital signs checked like BP, cholesterol EKG etc.

Hope I could answer your question satisfactorily. Am available for further assistance.
Good luck,