Teenager. Diagnosed with cancer. Records of the same unfound by the hospital. Suggest for recheckup

My grandsone was dionosed with cancer when he was 16, he went to Johnson city childrens hospital..we need his records so he can be checked again he will be 21 in May,,,no one seems to know where they are, He also went to Pittsburg, Pa childrens hospital...How can I get his records so he can see if he is still in remission?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013
Oncologist 's  Response
Dear bumblebee,
You can see your primary physician who refered you to Johnson Hospital. If you dont find the record with him you could give the tentative date of your visit to johnson hospital Medical records section who could find your grandsons record. If this does not help you the health authority who maintain the National cancer register, visit them and teling them the tentative date of of completion of your grandsons treatment they might be able to give you the records.
As regards wheather your grand son is in remission you can visit your primary physician and apprise him the history of your grandson, he will perform necessary investigations on your grandson and let you know his present status.
Hope the steps advised might help you in achieving your mission.
Dr. J. Ticku