Tear on the anus, bleeds when stool is hard. Any medicine or treatment?

My son, 30 years of age is a quadriplegic from an injury since 2001...he has had a tear on the anus area and I am sure now that it is a result of hard stool during a bowel program...i did not know at the time that this tearing could happen during an evac son was referred to a specialized doctor, I cannot remember the proper name of the specialized field, had seen my son and he stated that there is really nothing to be done except the tear does look like it has healthy tissue and sooner or later it should close up or heal on its has been too long that i can not remember when we went to see this doctor...the tear is still open and it only bleads very little when the stool is a little hard...what can I expect at this point and is there a chance of healing with medicine or some sort of treatment...please help...
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013