Tattoo on side, red blotches, skin itching. Used lubriderm lotion. Allergic reaction?

I recently got a tattoo on my side 4 days ago. Last night I notice some light red blotches around and inside the tattoo. My skin slightly itches. The skin is not swollen, hot, or inflammed. There are also no bumps around it. Could this be a reaction to the lubriderm lotion I was told to use on it or infection, allergic reaction? However, I have used lubriderm lotion before with no reaction during the tattoo healing process. Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
it is a allergic reaction to tatoo color
you apply diprovate ointment on the area
take tab allegra 120 mgm twice a day
do for 2 week
and avoid tatoo of cheap variety