Taking voltarin after knee replacements. Severe stomach cramps, distended stomach cramps. Side effects?

I had bilateral knee replacements 9/11/12 and a hip replacement 2/21/13.
I have been taking voltarin since December, 2013. Three weeks ago I had a horrible virus, projectile vomiting and explosive diarrhea. I had trouble shaking it and the MD gave me two drugs, one to put under my tongue and the other for stomach issues. It resolved.
I am a 61 year old female. Two days ago I started having horrible stomach cramps after taking my evening dosage of Voltarin. It continued until the next day. My stomach is distended and last night I felt really uncomfortable, not eating, etc. I went to sleep.

I discontinued taking the voltarin as I researched and it said this could be a side effect. I also have Barretts esophageal erosion and have been taking 40 mg day. How long do I wait until I attribute these reactions to the Voltarin?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013