Taking levlen ed. What is the dosage? When should I take active pills?

hi, i just got levlen ed today. my period started yesterday and i m very confused about the days on the packet. it says to start with the red section however those are just placebos. i have heard you are supposed to start with the active pills however my doctor was very vague. since it is a wednesday and the first *active* pill is on a saturday in the red section, do i take the first active pill thats labelled saturday or the closest active pill for a wednesday?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013