Taking dexona. Suggest some medicine to gain weight? How long will it take?

Dear doctor, I am 48 years old and my height is 5 Foot eight inches. I am very lanky and my weight is only 52 KG. I have got break in TV serial but because of my thin structure I am not getting good opening. I have started taking Dexona for the past 20 days. I know the side effect alos but inspite of that I have to consume the same. My cheeks are also inside and that needs a bit mass to be more photogenic. Please let me know in how many days or month I will gain weight and the same will give ame a good physical appearance. Thanks & Rehards, Gautam Bhattacharjee
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Thank you for choosing HCM
See taking dexona will not increase your weight , its meant for other purposes .
Please do not take such medications without knowing what they are actually intended for, im pretty sure this must have been a "friend" who suggested to you.
Gaining weight is easy , basic theory is consume more calories than what you burn.
So 1.Eat a high protein diet (100 gms/day)
2.Stay hydrated
3.Join a gym (3-4 times a week)
4.Take a whey protein
5.Take multi vitamins
6.Eat regulary at every 3-4 hours
Follow these steps and you should be on your way to put on quite a few pounds , and you can stop taking dexona its absolutely useless in this context.
Thank you and take care