Taking cyanocobalamin for vitamin B12. Colchicine prescribed. Correct medication?

Hi I am regularly taking cyanocobalamin (50mcg) for B12 deficiency>There have been problems in the past with supply. Last month I was given a new tablet which was labelled colchicine 500 microgrammes. This month I have gone back to my usual tablet cytacon.

On checking out colchicine it seems to be prescribed for gout - not a condition I have.
Have I been given the right drug. If not could there be any consequences of not having taken the B12 for a month - or alternatively having taken the colcichine?

Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013