Taking blood transplantations, blood in stool. What is wrong?

Hi Im jade and my grandpa has been going to the hospital alot bc the has a problem with his blood so he has to get transphutions every week and 3 times already he shit out alot of blood and they say theres nothing wrong with him but i dont believe that i think theres something wrong can you plz tell me what he might have that this is happening to him
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
K ...he may be having a upper gi bleed ir lower gi bleed ,probable cause for old age might me he is using lot of pain killers which in turn hav a bleed or if the pt is on antiplstlets evn this can cause if both or nt the cause thn it may be a simple piles or inflammatory disease or sme malignancy .FOr all this issues one shud confirm 1st by upper gi scopy if tht is inconclusive go for a colonoscopy which can definitly help u to kw probable cause nd we need to trest accordingly