Taking aspirin because of pacemaker, blisters and bruising on lower legs, unstopped bleeding during biopsy, advised to discontinue aspirin. Safe?

I have been taking low regimen aspirin for over 11 years due to the fact that I have a pacemaker. Recently, we have noticed blood blister-looking areas and bruising on the lower legs. In a biopsy done recently, the bleeding was excessive and finally did stop. My primary care physician has suggested I discontinue the aspirin until he gets the blood work back. I;m not sure what my cardiologist .will think about that.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012