Taking Omnacortil for vitiligo. Can growth of white patches be stopped?

Hi, I have a white patch on my lower lip since 2002 and I didn t had any other white patches untii last month, where I have seen some sort of small white patch on my left hand, index finger . I consulted a dermatologist and I was prescribed Melgain, Tacroz creams. I used it for 20 days but there was no improvement and Later after, I consulted an other Dermatologist and she said that it is vitiligo and asked me to have - 1. Omnacortil - 20mg on alternate days - 1 tab/day and 2. Emerge HC and Cuteglow - each 1 tab/day. She also told the growth of the white patches can be stopped. In my case, could you please tell if the growth of the white patches could be stopped or not ?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012