Taking Milk of Magnesia makes my stomach sick, only thing that helps me with constipation. What to do ?

When I take Milk of Magnesia it puts me in a fetal position because it makes me severely sick in my stomach not because I have to go to the bathroom. I have to take 2 capfuls that come with the bottle. It is the only thing though that help me with my consitpation. I have tried Miralax etc. My doctor wants me to take something daily because I have an anal fissue and diverticulitis? I am on strong pain meds along with alot of other medication . I have tried the Phillips pillls without success.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013