Taking Metformin. Diabetes stable. Diagnosed with IBS. Caused by Metformin?

I have been taking 500mg of metformin for several years now and the diabietes has been stable, however I am experiencing problems with my bowels, which have been diagnose as IBS . but I am wondering if the metformin is making the problems worse. I lose control of my bowels on average twice a week, although its not diarrhea . I have a small prolapse in the back passage which, I have been told would be impossible to treat if it gets worse as the bowels have been affected by radium implants which I was given in 1985 to treat cervical cancer
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013