Taking Losartan with Amlodipine for hypertension. BP not under control. Was responding well with Metoprolol. Which medication is better?

I have been on 100 mg Losartan for about 3 weeks, with 10 mg Amlodipine which I ve been taking for several months. I d like to stop taking the Losartan and want to know how to wean off from it. I m not feeling well on this drug and it is not controlling my BP . Before I was taking 12.5 mg Metoprolol with the Amlodipine and it was controlling my BP nicely, but I felt it was affecting my breathing some. However, it was not as bad as this Losartan.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012