Taking Crestor, BP medicine, beta blocker. Having cold, cough. Angiogram scheduled shortly. Safe OTC medicines to take for cold?

just started taking Crestor 10mg also just started takin a bllod pressue med and beta blocker . i have been taking Effexor for some twenty years 37.5 mg x2 evenings and 37.5mg in the am and a daily baby aspirin . i have picked up a devere cold and cough , and the chills for the past two days, not getting better. i have an angiogram scheduled fot February 20th for two occluded cornorary arteries right front, and left back, interior walls are fine and all valves ok, no damage to any heart muscle, what OTC meds can I safely take to assist in getting over tis cold. Thank you Don
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013