Taking BP medicine. Leg weakness and pain. History of prostate cancer. Any thoughts?

My Father is 89 years old and taking blood pressure medicine. We have been keeping him at home; however, lately his legs are becoming weaker and weaker. He is using a walker to go from bed to chair to bathroom, but now he cannot even do that. He previously was diagnosed with prostate cancer - a year a half ago decided to stop treating for this. He recently has complained about pain in his upper leg. We are going to take him in; however, wondering if weak legs would be sign of prostate cancer coming back or normal aging process. He eats but not a lot, in the last 5mths he has lost 15 lbs. Any thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013