Taken steroid injection for carpal tunnel. Swollen hand. Have RSD. Cause?

I had a steroid injection in my wrist for Carpal Tunnel and as soon as the doctor injected I screamed as the pain was horrendous and I had a tingling sensation and burning pain shoot up my hand to the pinky then escalated across the tips of my other fingers. My hand was severely swollen for two days and hurt and burned. Had surgery for Carpl Tunnel release two weeks afterwards and have been diagnosed now with RSD. What could have caused this and what type of doctor is the best to see or this?
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013