Taken penicillin for strep throat. Have blood with mucus. Any suggestions?

I have had strep throat twice this year. I recently got it again. The nurse practioner prescribed 500 mg of pencillin for 10 days. I got strep again after being off of the penicillin for a week. I went to my family dr. and he prescribed clarithromycin 500 mg twice per day for 10 days. I believe that this strep is manifesting itself in my left sinus cavity .I have the sensation of there being something , when I blow my nose a large clump of bloody mucus comes out with much relief. My dr. said that if I get strep again within the next 3 months he is sending me to a specialist. Any suggestions? I am a speech language pathologist and am exposed daily to sick children.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013