Taken many treatment for acidity. All medical report including endoscopy normal. Took omez 20 mg for instant relief. Doctor diagnosed GERD. Prescribed franxit .5 mg, melitracen 10 mg. Is it useful?

disease i am suffering from acidity since last five years. i have taken several treatment from many specialist. all of my medical test report including endoscopy is normal. omez 20 mg [omephrazole] gives instant relief but not cured me permanent. recently one doctor diagnosis report is GERD . tell me what is this disease. he has prescribe me FRANXIT [ flupentixol .5 mg, melitracen 10 mg] one tablet daily in morning for one month. tell me for what disease this medicine is used. whether this medicine is useful in my case. please advice. thanks you.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012