Taken birth control, frequent periods, severe bleeding. Cure for symptoms?

I started taking birth control just under a year ago and at first my period came more frequently than normal, but most months it comes every 2-3 weeks, and in between i bleed more than just spotting, there is also i dark discharge that i get, is this something that could be related to my birth control, or is this something i should have go checked more thoroughly. I am also 19 year old female.
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. In my opinion you need to have an examination by a gynic and an ultrasound to rule out other possible causes. Some people taking birth control will experience when they miss the periods but it is abnormal as it is severe. I suggest tab.pause for now and immediate consultation. As it is a prescription drug anyhow you need to consult your doctor for this. Thank you.