Taken antibiotics for gum infection, not completed healing. Is it safe to fly?

I have an infection of the gums which my dentist has prescribed antibiotics . I recently went for follow up and was taken off the antibiotics. The infection is not fully healed but has stopped releasing pus into my mouth. The dentist said that it is not related to tooth or jaw. Unsure what is causing infection and has referred to oral surgeon. In the interim I have a 7 hour flight in 2 days. Is it safe to fly like this and how likely is it for the infection to start back up immediately. I stopped the antibiotics yesterday.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013