Taken Cipro for sinus infection. Chest tightness, breathlessness. Due to spreading infection?

I saw my MD on Thursday for a sinus infection . He put me on Cipro. Since last Tuesday, I have not slept because when I lay down, I cough all night, even with every type of medication from Mucinex to Delsym to Tessalon. Now, this morning, my sinus cavities are clear, but I my chest is so tight, I am having trouble catching my breath just walking down the hall. Could this infection have spread and do I need a different type of antibiotic to beat it? I do have minor allergy induced asthma but this feels much much worse than that. My Pro Air inhaler does not help this.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013