TSH blood test without prescription, am i taking the proper medication ?

Hi, for my hypothyroid, my doctor prescribed me levoxyl 75 mcg. within 4 weeks it came to 2.34 from 6.34. After that within 1 and half weeks it went to Hyper. So my doctor reduced it 37.5 which is half a pill. He said if i feel lethargic go with 2/3 of the pill which is 50 mcg and asked me to come after 3 months. I took 37.5 for a week and confused the dizziness with hypo symptoms and increased it to 50 mcg. But immediately within 3 to 4 days, i started having the same symptoms..I went back to 37.5 but still had couple of hyper symptoms. I stopped the medicine for 4 days and started feeling good. Again I took only 1/3 of the pill which is 25 mg, again I started having hyper symptoms where I slept only for few hours, increased thirst, hunger, body temperature etc. Is it possible to get the TSH test done without prescription just to check in what state my thyroid is as my doubt is the medication was too high for me and my body is still in the hyper state and have not come back to hypo state..pls advice. Thanks in advance. Shwetha
Asked On : Sat, 15 Jan 2011