TB skin test positive. Chest x-ray normal. PPD test negative. Will TB treatment cause liver damage?

Hi, my name is Cami. A few days ago I had the TB skin test done and it came out positive. The chest X-Ray was normal. Yesterday the Health Department took another PPD test . In 2011 I had a PPD test done and it was negative. Now I am waiting for tomorrow to have the third one read. I heard that the treatment to kill the TB germs can cause liver damage. What happens if I decide not to take the medication??? Please advise! Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013