Symptoms of whooping cough. Fever, gasping air between coughs, phlegm in the throat. What to do?

I have many symptoms that are all pointing toward Whooping Cough . I am 100% certain that is what I have and that s what everyone else thinks I have. My symptoms are...a cough that is uncontrollable, gasping for air in between my coughing attacks, when I gasp for air I make a very chilling sound that sounds like a whoop , a lot of phlegm in my throat , on my last big cough I usually gag, and yesterday I had a 102.2 degree fever and now i have a 99.5 degree fever and very achy. But, I don t want to go to the doctor because when she tells me that s what I have, my schools policy on Whooping cough is that I cannot attend school for 21 days. With finals coming up and everything else, I cannot afford to miss 21 days of school. Also, I am going on a cruise right after Christmas and if I have whooping cough, I would have to miss it and I really don t want to do that. Can you please tell me what I am supposed to do?
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012