Swollen welts around eyes and lips. Swollen, red, itching. Should I try mercury detox?

For the past month I have been plagued with swollen welts around my eyes and eyelids. Sometimes they are also on the lips . I have been eating only vegetables, fruit and water and have stopped wearing all makeup. Last week it was almost gone, then last Friday it blew up again. It is still swollen and red today. Itching. when I cry the tears sting. A wellness clinic doctor told me it was mercury detox . Does that make sense???
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012