Swollen veins at the back of throat, numbness in lips, cause

The veins in the back of my throat are swollen. Also from time to time either my bottom or top lip, or both go numb, or my top front gums go numb and from time to time I feel like I have something caught in the back of my throat at the base of my tongue . None of this hurts and can swallow with ease. Went to my GP and took a lot of tests, all normal. I have an appointment with an ENT but not for a month. Any idea what can be causing this? Thank You
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

your swelling in the back of throat does not seem to be associated with lip numbness. get your blood sugar tested. as diabetic neuropathy can lead to numbness,