Swollen vein in palm, burning sensation, tingling fingers. Have high blood pressure

Just researching. The vein in the palm of my hand was swollen-blue-burning pain. Not sure if it was a concern, since it occured around the same time I was moving my wrist to grab my cell phone. Just checking symptoms, fingers were feeling slightly tingly. The vein swelling is now going down, almost gone. Since I have high blood pressure I wanted to check. I did call my Dr. Office, nurse said I probably bruised it, just wanted to research myself.
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012