Swollen vein at the base of the penis, mild pain, no erection difficulties. Causes?

19 year old male. The vein at the base of the left side of my penis is swollen in one spot. I get small amounts of pain every once and a while in the area. My penis get hard sometimes around the sides. No erection difficulties, I rarely masturbate once a week, and I have never had any type of sex. Please, what could be wrong?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
The vein on left side of a penis most probably could be varicocele.I would suggest you to get yourself examined by general surgeon,who may be able to tel you what exactly it is.This could be responsinle for week erection.
Hope this answers your question.