Hello and welcome to HCM,
I have understood your problem and i shall try to help you out
You seem to be having an episode of tonsillitis
node enlargement and you need to do these:
1. Take a strong antibiotic like amoxycillin-clavulanate
if not already taken for five days in consultatation with your doctor.
2. Take only warm fluid and do not take anything cold
3. Do not take oily or spicy food
4. take salt water gargle at least three times in a day.
5. take an anti reflux medication
like pantprazole in consulation with your doctor
One tonsil may always be bigger and they may not be of equal size at least to the naked eye so you do not have anything to worry about.
if you do not get better then you must consult an ENT
take care and get welll soon
Dr Sriram Nathan