Swollen thumb after getting hurt while snowboarding. No help with braces, ice. Healing time?

I hurt my right thumb from spreading my hands out to get myself up when I was snowboarding three weeks ago. My thumb didn t started to hurt and swell up till the day after I originally injured it. I didn t think I need to go to the doctors because it wasn t that bad and thought it can be easily be treated at home. Now, I been wearing a removable brace for 2 weeks to help it heal. But my thumb is still pretty swollen and in some pain. I try icing it before but it just swell up afterwards. Why is my thumb still swollen and will it heal soon?
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012