Swollen throat, something at the back of it. What should I do ?

Hi, My throat has been bothering me. It feels swollen like someone has their hand around my throat, and im always so thirsty. Its been like this for about a month now so i went to the ER and they said they dont know what it is. That morning when i brushed my teeth i saw someting in the back of my throat that looked long dark red but before i could leave the house i looked again an it was gone i think i swolled whatever it was. My sister said she was looking at tv an something like that happened to this man an he found out he had a Parisite a warm in their. am now i cant sleep what should i do! Scared!!!!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding your throat problem as you said your doctor don't find any abnormality in your throat but you sow some thing in your throat behind your tongue which disappear after some time.

Considering your complaints two possibilities are there-
(1) Dark red colour thing in your throat may be a blood clot and this may be form by mild bleeding at posterior part of nose or upper part of throat.
(2) Ascaris (worm ) completes his life cycle by taking shelter at two places in our body . First part in lungs and second part in intestine. When it passes from lung to G.I.tract it gives some irritation in throat.
To confirm stool examination will be helpful
hope your query is now explained.

With Regards.