Swollen, stiff knee cap post fall, difficulty in bending. What can be done?

yesterday while playing indoor soccer, i was hit from the side and spun slightly before landing on my left knee . When i looked down my knee cap looked a little funny, but we couldnt tell if it was out of place. Nonetheless, it looks normal now, a little swollen, but I m having trouble bending it, its stiff and if bent in certain ways hurts quite a bit . Any suggestions as to what it could be?
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
It may be that you dislocated your knee cap. You should have an X-ray of your knee to ensure that there is no associated fracture of your knee cap or your femur bone. Most knee cap dislocations are managed non-operatively initially with a brace or splint followed by a period of physiotherapy. Repeated dislocations occasionally require surgical intervention. The most commonly performed procedure is quickly becoming an MPFL ligament reconstruction.