Swollen, sore wrist due to fall. Pain while lifting things. Lump in the area. What could it be?

I fell and bent my wrist right back and hurt it about 3 months ago, it was very swollen and sore for a few weeks, i attended the hospital when it happened and an x ray showed that it was not broken. Since then when lifting things such as a kettle of water or my son etc it hurts and some days depending on what i have been doing for example carrying shopping i can be in a lot of pain until the next day after its been rested again. just yesterday a lump has appeared it is quite prominent and is just below the wrist bone towards the hand , any ideas what this could be???, my hand was is agony the day before, must have done too much or something
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
The pain and swelling at your wrist is likely to be due to an inflammation of the tendons in the area- Tendonitis. You need to provide a complete rest to the wrist by wearing a wrist brace and take some anti inflammatories after consulting your orthopedician.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal