Swollen reddish sore on the chin. Having sore throat, swollen glands and fever. What could this be?

I have a large sore (for lack of better words) on my chin . It s swollen, red, hot to the touch, and very sore. It is spreading, and now its red about an inch all around. It appeared about a day ago. What looks like a scrap appeared about two inches above it shortly after it appeared. But I haven t injured my face in any way. The scrape is about half an inch wide and two inches long. It isn t swollen, but its red and sore. Small bumps are forming around the edge of my mouth on the same side. My throat is sore, my glands are swollen, and I ve had a small fever . The sore is painful enough to limit my speech because it hurts to move my mouth. I can feel the knot on the inside of my cheek/chin its that large and swollen. I tried popping it when it first appeared (I assumed it wad a pimple ) but just clear liquid came out. It s scabbed over. But the knot inside seems to be growing, and the redness is definitely spreading. The skin around it is dry and itchy. I don t have insurance, and going to the er is almost impossible. So please help? What is this?
Asked On : Tue, 14 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  135 Awaiting Answer