Swollen red spot on calf, hard, sore to touch, not a spider bite. Treatment options?

I have a red, swollen spot on the front of my calf about the size of a nickel. It s hard to the touch. I noticed it today when undressing. I thought it was just an ingrown hair , as I shaved two days ago. I tried to pop it, but it was hard and sore to the touch. The hard part is about the size of a dime. It s only gotten slightly worse within the last few hours from me messing with it. There are no apparent fang marks from a spider...not sure what it would be.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
its likely to be an insect bite,show to a surgeon he may put you ona antibiotic course or advice an I& D