Swollen rash on hands, spreading. Applying betnovate cream. Is it safe to use betnovate?

hi Doctor.. i suddenly had a small swollen rash with tiny dots aggrevating, on my hand(back side of palm),two week before.. i ignored it thinking it some temporary allergy ,, symptoms not gone even aftr 3-4 days, and it started increasing its size in circular form. now i have been applying betnovate morning/evening without consulting any doctor.. can you me telling what it is exactly and is it the right treatment or not.. ?? also i m worried that using betnovate may be harmful as it contains steroids.. Pls suggest and help..!!
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012