Swollen, painful throat, aches, fever, took medicines, had pus filled bumps at the back of throat, hacking cough. Normal?

Hi I went to the doc on Tuesday with a painful swollen shut throat and aches chills and fever . The doc gave me 2 antibiotics that kind of don t seem to be helping a whole lot. It s been 5 days and I ve taken a look in my throat to see there are bumps in the back of my throat with puss in them. Is that normal to develop spontaneously throughout having the flu? I also have begun to develop a hacking cough . Fevers have seemed to mellow out a bit as with aches and chills.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Oct 2012