Swollen neck lymph nodes, tender to the touch, mucus in back of throat. Possible diagnosis?

My neck lymph nodes are swollen, just below my mandible and ear lobes. They are very tender to the touch, and I feel like I constantly have mucous in the back of my throat. It's not discolored, but my symptoms are only into their third day. I've been gargling salt water and drinking airborne cold and flu tea. I live in North Carolina, and right now the weather has been very unpredictable, and many residents are complaining about allergy issues. I have never encounterd allergy issues, so I'm unsure as to what this is exactly. Sometimes it feels difficult to breathe and that keeps me worried. What is my possible diagnosis and what should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013