Swollen neck. Flaky skin near swollen area with yellowish liquid. What could be this?

The left side of my neck is swollen, from googling I found it is likely swollen glands. I dont have a job or medical insurance so a visit to the doctor isn t likely to happen. Today I noticed the swelling has receeded slightly and the pain has diminished, but near the center of the swollen area the skin has started to get a little flaky, I gently scraped away the flaky skin and noticed some yellowish liquid. My question is does that liquid have to do with swollen glands?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013