Swollen middle finger. Have diabetes. Prescribed with anox-clav. Anything serious?

My name is Angela Banner . I need to know if my middle finger is swoollen now for a week. Being a diabetic I have soaked with epsom salt, hot water. And Urgent care prescribed me anox-clav 875mg tablet. But still my finger is throbbing. Last week on Wednesday I even visited a chinese nail shop for them to remove cubicle. Obviously they did not remove it. My finger has sharp pains in it. I am a mailhandler and I lift heavy packages. Urgent care said make sure wrap before going to work tonight
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Endocrinologist 's  Response

your swollen middle finger could be due to either infection or inflammation or trauma. You can continue antibiotics and see how things improve. Keeping your blood sugars under strict control and rest to the finger is very important.