Swollen lymph nodes on neck, cold sore on face. Should I visit my doctor?

Hi, my name is Diana and I am 20 years old. For about 9 years now I have had swollen lymph nodes in the same area on the left side of my neck . They have stayed swollen, but are only sore on occasion. Over the past 3 years I have started developing, or what I was told was, a large cold sore on the left side of my face every 8 months or so. This time the cold sore, which I was also told could be staph and shingles , has migrated to my scalp on the left side right above my ear, and there is a line of pain connecting the cold sore and my swollen, sore lymph nodes. The cold sore is numb just touching the surface, but when pressure is applied it stings and is very sore. Should I visit my doctor? I have had very bad experiences dealing with my former family physician.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012