Swollen lymph nodes. Elevated WBC when taking antibiotics. History of strep throat

hi im a 25 year old female and i have a question about lymph nodes. a little overlay i have had a swollen lymph node on the right side under the jaw closest to the ear for almost 5 years that ive noticed. about 6 years ago i had strep throat for about 6 weeks before a doctor finaly gave me antibiotics. every year since then i get it about 1 a year. it feel about 1.5 cm, rubery and dosnt move only sinks inside i guess you could say. i realise that there are 3 skin layers over it so i might be making myself go crazy for nothing. ive had numerous test done for other things like chest, sternum,and lung xrays, more blood work then id like to count and everything seems fine other then scared tissue on lungs. a slightly elevated white blood cell count only when on antibiotic or taking inflamatory medication if that helps any. other then those time everything is normal. and i also have many allergies and aortic valve regurgitation and wisdom teeth coming for 3 years now. heart has been this way since i was born get checked every 2 year everything is always fine. wisdom theeth dont need to be removed as per dentist and all in all im wondering if a swollen lymph node can stay swollen after so much trama to it, or should i get it checked again. it get even more swollen when im sick.
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012