Swollen lymph node on neck, no change in size. Mono test positive. Need to ask a doctor?

Hi my son is 7 year old and he has had a bean size movable swollen lymph node on the right side of his neck ever since he was tested positive for mono. My problem is that the lymph node has not gone away, neither has it changed in size. He shows no symptoms of being sick, nor is he losing weight. As a matter of fact he is very active. I took him to a ENT doctor and he basically said it was normal and that my son would be fine. Im just worried this lymph node will not go away and I dont want to wait till it goes down to and later find out its something else.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013