Swollen lump on the knuckle after an injury. Cartilage damage?

Hi I punched a door about 2 months ago and after all my hand swelling and goin down there's a lump left on my knuckle where my middle finger meets my hand. When I clench my fist it's like I have a second knuckle but its all fluid feeling to push around with a Grissel feel too. Is this cartilage damage or synovial fluid that's moved my middle finger doesn't straighten completely unless forced and there's a little pain. What could this be?
Asked On : Sat, 4 May 2013